Heimatmuseum im Mattheiser Hof
The Mattheiser Hof, next to the Josephshof the second well-preserved wine farm of Trier's monasteries in Graach, came into the possession of St. Matthias Abbey only at the beginning of the 18th century, along with vineyards and several houses. Like all monastic and ecclesiastical estates, the Mattheiser Hof was dissolved and auctioned off in the course of secularization around 1800. In 1863, the community purchased the entire building complex at an auction in order to use it as a school and teachers' residence after a partial extension of the east wing. The south wing then served as the parish priest's residence. The function of the The Mattheiser Hof was a primary school until 1973, when the Graach school was officially closed. In 1983-1986 the Mattheiser Hof was rebuilt. The result was a larger extension, the Mattheiser Halle, in which today club parties, family celebrations and other events are held. take place. The Musikverein has been given club rooms for rehearsals and cosy get-togethers. For the youth a youth room was created.